The National Youth Mining Career Awareness Strategy was commissioned by Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) as part of the Canadian Minerals and Metals Plan’s (CMMP) strategic plan. Its purpose is to guide research, program development and stakeholder engagement over the next five years to make youth more aware of careers and occupations available to them in the mining industry.
Youth in Canada see mining as an innovative, challenging and rewarding career choice.
- Empower youth to engage with the industry and help shape the future of mining.
- Ensure equity, inclusion and diversity are central to any programs with an emphasis on attracting and retaining members of underrepresented groups.
- Apply evidence-based solutions and strategies that are informed, designed, and evaluated using current research, knowledge, and best practices.
- Increasing Youth Engagement
- Transforming Perceptions
- Reaching Younger Students
- Building Alliances Between Industry and Education
- Promoting Diversity in the Workforce
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.